Put on the Whole Armor of God
Paul in his letter to the Ephesians (chapter 6 vs 14-17) talks about 6 pieces of spiritual armor that we need to put on daily in order to avoid becoming a casualty of spiritual warfare! Each piece of armor addresses a specific area of our life.
1. The Girdle of Truth – saturating our conscience with God’s word!
2. The Breastplate of Righteousness – becoming in practice who we already are in Christ!
3. The Shoes of The Gospel of Peace – allowing the peace of God to inspire our heart.
4. The Shield of Faith – Faith is the key to deflecting the fiery darts of doubt , distress of mind, depression of spirit and disappointment in yourself and others.
5. The Helmet of Salvation – taking every negative thought captive by taking one (just one) negative thought captive and placing it under obedience to Jesus Christ.
6. The Sword of The Spirit – this is the only offensive weapon included in our armor – “The Sword of The Spirit ,which is the word of God” (Ephes 6:17). The sword refers to a particular part of the Word of God which is called the “rhema” which refers to a spiritual two edged sword traveling at ludicrous speed through time and space with one destination – to pierce the heart.
For more by Barbara Campbell visit: www.staroftheseaministries.com
Fr. Jacob Vattackattu recently visited St. Francis of Assisi parish and spoke at the Masses about his mission for The Precious School in India, and is giving an opportunity to contribute to this worthy organization and the families it helps.
Each year, The Knights of Columbus sponsor a Poster Contest for children in grades K – 8. The theme of the contest is “Keep Christ in Christmas.” Entrants must create an original drawing that reflects this holy theme.