Companions and Servers of the Lord
St. Francis Ministry of Consolation is in great need of Companions and Servers for Funeral Masses!
What does a ‘companion’ do?
- Attends the funeral Mass
- Distributes the funeral booklets to guests as they arrive (booklets are prepared by the parish staff)
- Greets the family when they arrive at the Church
- Escorts those who are doing readings at the Mass to the sanctuary at the appropriate time
- Escorts those who are doing Words of Remembrance at the appropriate time
The companion’s job is not difficult, but it is important. He or she is the welcoming face of our parish that families need during a sorrowful and stressful time.
What does a ‘server’ do?
- Sets up the church for the funeral Mass (moves the Pascal candle into the sanctuary, lights the candles, brings out the pall, readies the incense in the sanctuary)
- Assists the priest during the Mass (as an altar server).
Funeral Masses are held as needed Mondays through Saturdays, 10am or 11am. Neither of these positions require a large commitment of time – just attendance at the funeral Mass. We will train you for your tasks.
It is our great hope that we can have a rotation of volunteers to call upon. Pray about joining this caring ministry. Even if you are available for just certain days of the week, you can still be a great help.
The Holy Spirit always provides in our time of need – we are sure He will yet again work through the hearts of our dedicated Church members. Please call the rectory at (631)757-7435 if you are interested or have any questions. God bless you and thank you!
29 Clay Pitts Road
Greenlawn, NY 11740
© 2019. All rights reserved. Website developed and designed by the ArtWorks team at Spirit of Huntington Art Center.